Or at least that’s what someone thought when they started this junior high quiz that ace tagged me with. Junior high or not, I’ll play.
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Funeral home greeter: "Good evening. Mrs. Jones is this way. Please sign the register as you go back." I worked the evenings during "visitation hours" and then locked up. The creepy part was that the light switch in the large viewing room was on the opposite end of the room from the door.
- Crane ISD summer maintenance lackey: I did manual labor for eight weeks in record West Texas heat (multiple days over 110 and two 118 days in a row). I spent half the summer digging ditches and such and half of it running an industrial strength steam cleaner in non-air conditioned buildings.
- Christian retail music manager: I’m not proud of it, but it’s true. I slung CCM in college.
- JC Penney catalog writer (for one day).
Four movies I’d watch on repeat:
- 1. The Shawshank Redemption
- 2. Office Space
- 3. Tombstone (which I essentially have watched on repeat; at least 25 viewings by me and my roommates in ’95-’96.)
4. In America (tragically under-viewed)
Four TV shows I love:
- Random 1: If you ignore everything else I write here, go to this website and make every effort to watch this show. I can’t think of a better use of your television.
- The Office: After being spoiled to Gervais and company, it took a while for the NBC version to grow on me, but it has.
- Lost: Still in.
- The West Wing: Still in, three seasons after Sorkin bailed.
Four vacation spots I’d love to frequent:
- The Rockies
- New York, New York
- Oregon Coast (to always relive the honeymoon)
- Any place with nice beaches and clear water (for the wife…I’m pretty simple on this one and couldn’t come up with four on my own.)
Four websites I visit daily:
- Texags.com (that one’s free, Brandon)
- home anywhere (working on my MOL routine, moljr)
Four foods I lust for (I dunno about lust, but…)
- fried shrimp (the way Mom makes it)
- Uncle Julio’s beef fajitas
- bar-b-que crab
Four changes to my house:
- bigger living room (ours is fairly big, but this was my #1 desire when we bought)
- 30" HD flat screen to replace the sad little TV in our living room built-in
- fireplace without giving up any windows
- pool (again, for the wife)
Four beers I like*:
- Dos Equis
- Sam Adams Light
- Dr. Pepper (Look, I really like the first three, but I just don’t drink enough beer to have developed that many clear favorites. And I never lose with Dr. Pepper. Never.)
* We at home anywhere discourage persons who are under 21 or for whom it would be a violation of conscience to partake from consuming these types of beverages. Likewise, we discourage persons who are under 21 or for whom it would be a violation of conscience to read home anywhere from reading home anywhere.
Four tags (which apparently is where I pawn this off on some other suckers):
Thanks, Thad. I needed a jump start.
Thad, it’s good to see your being responsible by adding the disclaimer with any mentioned or implied consumption of alcoholic beverages. the kids will thank you.
freakin drink this right now. I wouldn’t lead you astray. I swear.